Verney’s Camp is based in a private concession in the heart of Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe. The Safari Camp is located at Verney’s Pan, which is situated on a large open floodplain surrounded by teak forest typical of Hwange National Park.
The waterhole at Verney’s plays host to numerous animals and is a playground for the famous elephant herds of Hwange. Verney’s Camp is part of the Machaba Safaris group and is built in keeping with Machaba Safaris’ winning recipe that matches the timeless wonder of a classic safari to Africa. It is aimed at the affordable luxury travel market worldwide for both the novice and the well-seasoned safari traveller.
Ten tents are tucked perfectly under the shady arms of the teak trees bordering the open waterhole in front of camp. Each tent has been carefully positioned to ensure the best serenity and privacy so that guests can enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
• Cancellation fees are levied when guests cancel confirmed reservations. The costs of the cancellation fees
will escalate the closer the guest/s cancels to their confirmed departure date.
• Should a cancellation be made more than 8 weeks prior to departure, the non-refundable deposit of
20% is forfeited.
• Should a cancellation be made between 4 & 8 weeks prior to departure - 50% cancellation fees apply.
• Should a guest cancel less than 4 weeks or 31 days prior to departure - 100% cancellation fees apply.
• Once Flight tickets are issued they are Non-Refundable.
It is the sole responsibility of the guest to obtain proper, current and valid passports, visas, vaccinations, inoculations and the like as and where required. Machaba Safaris shall not be responsible or liable for any consequence of any nature arising from the customer failing to ensure that he / she has complied with all such requirements.
Ten tents are tucked away perfectly under the shady arms of the teak trees bordering the open waterhole in front of camp. Each tent has been carefully positioned to ensure the best serenity and privacy so that guests can enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Each room is comfortably appointed and has en-suite shower, flush toilet, and double vanity which are all beautifully designed to retain the authenticity and magical feeling of being on safari. Verney’s Camp has eight double/twin rooms and two family rooms, all of which are on wooden decks, and are connected by natural pathways on the ground.
• Morning and evening game drives at times to suit guests.
• All day drives with Picnic lunch.
• Walking, usually done by driving to a good walking area and then going for a walk.
• Game viewing from the comfort of your own tent. During the dry season, animals come down to drink at the waterhole right in front of the camp main area.
• Relax and catch up on some reading, there is always something to see at the camp waterhole.
• There is even an antique bridge table for anyone interested in a game.
Situated on the central side of the southeastern part of Hwange National Park, Verney’s Camp is a private concession of 10 000 hectares (24,7 acres). It is in a remote part of the National Park that is not accessed by regular Park visitors, however, the camp does have access to the public parts of the National Park. INCLUDED & EXCLUDED IN OUR RATES? All our rates are fully inclusive of: Hwange Park fees for full paying guests, accommodation, all meals, laundry, lodge activities, return vehicle airstrip transfers from Manga Three airstrip or Main Camp (for drive-ins from Victoria Falls), alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding imported and premium drinks) levies and taxes. The rates exclude international flights, internal flight transfers, premium imports, travel insurance, visas and discretionary tips and gratuities.